Community

Holland Cemeteries

Ron Post 716-537-2314
Holland Town Hall 537-9443 ext. 2

Holland Cemetery (Old)

East Side of Rt. 16/Olean Road, Holland, NY 14080

This is the second oldest cemetery in the town and is located on the east side of Route 16 near the Holland Middle School. Some Revolutionary War and War of 1812 soldiers are buried here. This formerly was called Holland Protestant Cemetery.


Holland Cemetery (New)

West Side of Rt. 16/Olean Road, Holland, NY 14080


Humphrey Cemetery

East Side of Rt. 16/Olean Road, Holland, NY 14080

A History of Humphrey Cemetery


Protection Cemetery

Vermont Hill Road, Holland, NY 14080

Burials began in Protection Cemetery around 1823 on the Farrington Farm on the east side of Vermont Hill Road near South Protection Road. Settlers from Protection, East Holland and the Vermont Hill area are buried here. Family names are: Alexander, Colby, Farrington, Gould, Hawks, Ward, Jackson, Kimball, Childs, Wilkins, Moulton and Van Valkenburg.


St. Joseph's Catholic Cemeteries

St. Joseph's Catholic "Old" and "New" Cemeteries are located on the east side of Route 16 in the north Holland area. St. Joseph's was organized in the later 19th century, and it is assumed that the older cemetery dates from this period. The newer cemetery was opened in 1977.